As more people develop interest in keeping fish, aquariums have gained more popularity. But the question to ask is if you have ever seen a Nano aquarium? If you fancy the aquatic life and you are searching for the best aquarium to fit into your lifestyle, you might be thrilled on the discovery that there are fantastic Nano aquariums that will draw you close to your pets.
What is A Nano Aquarium?
A Nano aquarium is a fish tank of 20 gallons capacity or even less. We use the terminology Nano to indicate its small size and its ability to be kept at any spot in the home or office.
They are designed mostly for small fish and for less aggrieved fish. If an active fish is kept in the Nano tank, it might die prematurely as it may not have enough free space to swim around.
The Nano aquarium comes with its own benefits
- Given the size of the aquarium, they are more cost effective compared with the larger tanks. They require less set-up effort and do not necessarily need expensive lighting. They are also easy to clean, saving you the cost you might incur in cleaning up larger tanks.
- With its compactness, the Nano tank can be easily moved from one place to another. Unlike the larger tank that requires a fixed place to be installed.
- It is also easy to maintain. Since the tank can only take in small number of fish, then you will not need to spend much time and effort keeping them in a very clean state.
- Nano tanks do not also take up spaces. They can even be set on your desk
Nano Aquariums to Buy
- Coralife LED BioCube: This comes with LED lights and also in a sleek design. It also features a function that allows it to mimic natural night and day cycle to support plant growths.
- Fluval Flex: With a dimension of 16X15X15 inches , the Nano tank can hold as much as 15 gallons of water. Although it also has the 9 gallon variant
- MarineLand ML90609: This can hold up to 5 gallons of water. It has a filtration system which is designed to filter water in 3 stages and it also features and adjustable filter pump designed to ensure consistency in flow.
- Acquatichi Nano: With a size of a quarter of a gallon and a dimension of 3.2X4.7X3.9 inches, this Nano tank is best in keeping shrimps, moss balls or tiny betta fish.
With all these benefits, the Nano tank can serve as beautiful decoration for your home and office while still helping you to maintain your passion to be around aquatic life. They are most designed to simulate a natural environment and mimic sunrays come into the water.